Ginny’s Planet aims to build a world where no one is odd-one-out. We nurture aware, empathic, and diversity respecting people and spaces through the following:
1. Empathy and diversity training for children
These trainings are offered to children aged 4 years and above. The trainings use a combination of stories, toys, games, reflections, and action. These sessions are conducted in a short workshop or over a few days or weeks. Some of the workshops we offer:
- Practicing Empathy
- Being different is OKAY: Acknowledging Diversity
- Understanding disability as diversity
- Inquiry & research as a way of life
- Make your own Ginny
- Make your own Ginny stories
2. ‘Disability, Diversity, & Inclusion’ trainings for adults and organizations
Orientation sessions with employees of organizations promote an understanding of disability and the basic do’s and don’ts of respecting disability as part of human diversity. These orientations are participatory. We engage participants actively through a combination of audio-visual content, discussions, as well as group activities.
3. Workshops for change-makers and development/social work professionals
Nurturing a range of perspectives and skills through workshops and conversations on empathy, diversity, disability, use of stories, storytelling, dolls, and doll-making as a catalyst for change, and so on. We also offer online capsule workshops at regular intervals. “Empathy in Action” is one of the most popular workshops sought by NGOs for thier teams.