Ginny’s Planet launches One-to-One workshops (via Video calls) for children (7-12 year olds)
Click here to book a workshop for children now through our online shop on Instamojo.
We are now offering……
- One-to-one #workshops (offered via Video call) [Each one-to-one workshop includes 2 session of 1 hour each along with homework for child.]
- Small group workshops (5 children per group) [Each small group workshop is for 2.5 hours at our each along with homework for child.]
1. Practicing #Empathy: The Top Tips!
Why should you orient children through our workshops?
- You are preparing future leaders who are kind, caring, and respectful for diversity. Their future decisions are likely to be influenced by how they view their world and their role in it.
- To combat stereotypes, bias and discrimination against differences from an early age! Else, the bias can become evident in behaviors of children as they grow, in spite of their ‘good’ intentions.
- To nurture an environment of respect for human diversity as opposed to an environment which expects homogeneity and conformity from everyone.
Book now through our online shop on Instamojo.
Write to us to know more if you have any questions: email@example.com
Shweta Verma, Founder, Ginny’s Planet awarded among the Woman Disrupters 2020!
Shweta Verma was awarded as a Women Disruptor 2020 in the category of ‘Women Startup Entrepreneur of the Year (Less Than 5 Years)’. The summit and awards event took place on 6th March, at Sahara Star, Mumbai. This award does not come with any financial support. However, for us, this is a recognition of what we are aiming to do and our potential. You can read more about the awards here and here.
Source of photo: here
Workshop on “Nurturing Empathy: The Basic Pillars” for Teachers of Masonic Public School
We conducted a workshop on “Nurturing Empathy” at Masonic Public School (Vasant Kunj, Delhi) on 29 Feb 2020. This workshop was for teachers and the process was interactive & participatory.
The key learning outcomes in this workshop were:
- Recognizing the role of connections, expressions, freedom, exploration, & acceptance in life of self and children.
- Acknowledging the role of early experiences & judgments in the messages that we give to ourselves & others.
- Becoming aware of dos and don’ts of an empathic response in their relationships with peers (i.e. adults) and children.
Here are some glimpses!
The photos from the workshop are available here!
“A Day on Social Inclusion”: Participation by Ginny’s Planet Team
On 29 January 2020, we attended “A Day on Social Inclusion” organised by PVR Nest and Ummeed at PVR Plaza, CP, Delhi. We met new people and also saw familiar faces from our past engagements. We look forward to continuing the interactions further with people we met! Some glimpses of the event are available here in the album by PVR Nest.
Ginny’s Planet listed among the 50 New & Best startups by TimesNext
Ginny’s Planet was considered by TimesNext to be among the 50+ New & Best Startups in India to consider for Funding. Check us out at number 48 here!
A detailed feature by TimesNext on Ginny’s Planet is available here !
Doll Ginny featured by Newz Hook
Ginny Doll was featured by NewzHook!
Read the article on Doll Ginny here: Article
The article is also available in sign language in the form of a vedio.
Newz Hook is changing attitudes towards disability in india with a special focus on disability related news. It is accessible to visually impaired screen reader users, promotes sign language news for deaf and uses simple english.
Ginny’s Planet at the ‘Walk to Freedom’
3 December is celebrated every year as the International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Every year in Delhi, on this day, an event is organized at the India Gate by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) in collaboration with and participation of several organizations and individuals. The celebrations conclude with a short ‘Walk To Freedom’.
On 3 Dec 2019, Ginny’s Planet team also participated in the celebrations at India Gate and interacted with other friends!
3 दिसंबर 2019 के दिन अंतर्राष्ट्रीय विकलांगता दिवस हर साल की तरह इंडिया गेट पर मनाया गया | हमारी टीम ने भी इसमें भाग लिया | इस समारोह में हमें कई और साथी भी मिले |
Products delivered to ChangeStation Social Foundation
The first batch of products sponsored by one of our supporters was handed over to ChangeStation Social Foundation on 15th Nov 2019. In the memory of his late father, Dr. Kaivalya Desai had decided to sponsor our products for children in rural Bihar. The products included 30 story books (Hindi and English), and newspaper-seeds pencils.
Along with the above, the Ginny dolls gifted by our friends and supporters were also handed over to ChangeStation so that they could be played with by children in rural Bihar.
If anyone else would like to sponsor products and services for children located anywhere else, do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learning Expedition with Grade 8 students on “The Four Freedoms: Truth & Consequences”
Ginny’s Planet team engaged with Grade 8 students (IP) at Heritage Xperiential Learning School (Gurgaon) in a learning expedition on “The Four Freedoms: Truth & Consequences”. Based on Norman Rockwell’s illustrations of the Four Freedoms paintings, this learning expedition was designed by the faculty of the school and focused on the following four freedoms – freedom of speech, freedom from want, freedom of worship, and freedom from fear.
Ginny’s Planet supported this learning expedition through a preparatory workshop for fieldwork on 7th November and linking the sub-groups for their visits with diverse organizations addressing issues of homelessness, migrant workers, education and street connected children, violence against women, domestic workers, religious symbols and tolerance/intolerance in the context of India. On 21st November 2019, we also joined the sub-group with their faculty during one such field visit with the organisation- United Against Hate.
Learning Expedition with Grade 6 students on the “Right to Play”
Ginny’s Planet team engaged with Grade 6 students (IP) at Heritage Xperiential Learning School (Gurgaon) in a learning expedition on the Right to Play. And one of the many things that we did was to focus on children in diverse contexts.
We used two of our favourite books for a quick but deep
Ginny’s Planet team, over two workshops/sessions in October & November 2019, facilitated the process of inquiry & learning on the various aspects that make processes and places accessible, welcoming, usable, and appropriate for children vis a vis the right to play!
ये किताबें बहुत जल्द पढ़ी जा सकती हैं पर काफ़ी गहराई से बात को समझाती हैं ।
Diwali Mela Stalls of Ginny’s Planet: October 2019 Adventures!
In October 2019, Ginny’s Planet interacted with several well-wishers, supporters, and curious people through its stalls at Diwali Melas organized by Shaktishalini (On 19 Oct) & AADI (on 22 Oct). Our last stop was at the vibrant NSS mela at Daulat Ram College. At each of these 3 locations, we were supported by volunteers! We are extremely grateful for the support of everyone who volunteered and supported! Photos from the stall are available here in our Diwali Stalls album.
We used the products of diverse social enterprise to create small gift packs that went as Diwali gifts from Ginny’s Planet to various people who make our co-working space functional (at AWFIS). These enterprises are:
- Croatia Key ring – Handcrafted with love, DOR products are made by a collective of persons recovering from mental difficulties. DOR, based on Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) is enabling therapeutic skill development.
- Paper mache Chinar (Maple) leaf- hand made by artisans of the Kashmir Valley.
- Ginny Doll & Fridge Magnet- Produced by Ginny’s Planet and created by the women
associated with Svatanya- a social enterprise working on empowering underprivileged women.
- Hand Bags –Exclusive and limited edition of women and children hand bags. Produced by Mehrang Art and hand stitched with love by women associated with Shaktishalini, an organization working on issues of gender in Delhi. The bags are made by recycling of waste/used cloth material.
- Natural vegetable seeds and Honey- by Vishvaksenah Agro, a social enterprise working with the farmers in flood and drought affected areas of Bihar, Jharkhand, Utter Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Handmade Candle- made from Soy wax by Uboontu foundation, a social enterprise, working for the empowerment of women for their struggles against inequality and poverty
- Paper tea coasters and the Box – Block-printed by people with disabilities associated with AADI- an organization working on issues and rights of persons with disabilities.
Ginny’s Planet at the Balika Utsav!
It was super busy day for us at the Balika Utsav on 15 Oct 2019! The event to celebrate the International Day of the Girl Child took place at ASN Senior Secondary School Thank you Sachhi Saheli & Anjali Diwakar for getting us there!
Ginny’s Planet team hosted an awareness raising stall to share with everyone about Ginny , diversity, and disability as human diversity! It was nice to share about our work with so many children & Rj Divya from Radio City !
Children kept coming to try our quiz & some in fact quizzed us back! Many people got their photos clicked with our posters and the doll Ginny!
We shared about our work with girls from 11 schools. Over 200 students participated in our activities (quiz, photos and discussions). 85 students from the following schools won the quiz. Their certificates and gifts were sent to their respective schools in November 2019.
- ASN Sr. Secondary School, Mayur Vihar Phase 1, Delhi 110091
- Dayanand Model Sec School, Vivek Vihar, Delhi
- Govt. Girls Senior Secondary School, B-27, Trilokpuri, Delhi
- Heritage Xperiential Learning School, Gurugram, Haryana 122005
- Mother Mary’s School, Mayur Vihar, Phase-1, Delhi 110091
- Sai Memorial Girls School, Geeta Colony, Delhi 110031
- Sarvoday Kanya Vidyalaya, West Vinod Nagar, Delhi, 110092
- Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya, Ghazipur, Delhi 110096
- Sarvodaya Govt. C0-Ed Vidyalaya, Mayur Vihar, Delhi 110091
- School of Excellence, Khichripur, Kalyan Puri, Delhi 110091
- Sharda Sen RSKV, Block -20, Trilok Puri, Delhi 110091
Orientation on ‘Disability as Diversity’ for JLL Team
On 3 September 2019 Ginny’s Planet team oriented JLL India employees on ‘Disability as human diversity’ at Cyber City, Gurgaon! We did this in a Townhall format. JLL was organising this and many other things as part of their diversity and inclusion week!
The orientation was designed by Ginny’s Planet & AADI team. AADI team did the same orientation at another location of JLL.